Patient Survey 2022 – Results!
We carried out a short survey in November 2022 and we are pleased to present the results. Firstly, there were five questions and the findings from those are as follows:
- 68% of respondents reported that they were satisfied or very satisfied with being able to book an appointment of their choice.
- 4% of respondents felt we communicate well or extremely well.
- 68% of respondents found being redirected to other services such as minor eye conditions service or musculoskeletal assessment helpful or very helpful.
- 79% of respondents felt we responded well or extremely well to the Covid pandemic.
- Overall, 74.5% of respondents are satisfied or somewhat satisfied with the service they receive from Alresford Surgery.
As well as the five questions the survey included the facility to add comments. Summarising the comments, you said:
I’d like a face-to-face appointment with the doctor of my choice, at a convenient time and easily bookable either online or on the telephone without a long wait.
We have looked carefully at the comments and, considering the results of the questions too we have undertaken the following actions:
- More clinicians – two additional GPs starting work at Alresford Surgery in early 2023
- Working with the other local practices we are now offering evening and weekend appointments
- Our telephone system, and in particular the queueing system, came in for much criticism. We are working closely with our telecoms supplier to try and make improvements
- We are making many more GP appointments available to book online.
- Patients can choose whether they would prefer a face-to-face or telephone appointment, at the point of booking.
- We will aim to make our newsletters free from jargon and as timely and informative as we can. We will also look at how we use other methods of getting information out to our patients.
- Our receptionists have been trained to ask some basic questions about your condition in order to direct you to the most appropriate appointment and with the most appropriate clinician. This may be with your usual GP to discuss an ongoing problem, or it may be another service at the surgery such as a musculoskeletal assessment with a physiotherapist or a service such as the Minor Eye Conditions Service at one of the local participating opticians.
We are very grateful to all who participated in our survey.
- Covid/Flu Vaccination Clinic – Saturday 7th October
- Adult Flu & Covid Vaccinations
- National shortage of GLP-1 Receptor Agonist medications (semaglutide, dulaglutide and liraglutide)
- ATT: Parents of Perins School students signed up to the Costa Rica school trip in October 2023.
- Covid-19 Spring Booster Programme
- Surgery Updates (20)