Infection Control Annual Statement
This annual statement will be generated each year in May in accordance with the requirements of The Health and Social Care Act 2008 Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance. It summarises:
- Any infection transmission incidents and any action taken (these will have been reported in accordance with our Significant Event procedure)
- Details of any infection control audits undertaken and actions undertaken
- Details of any risk assessments undertaken for prevention and control of infection
- Details of staff training
- Any review and update of policies, procedures and guidelines
Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Lead
The Alresford Surgery Lead for Infection Prevention and Control is Dr H. Walters, supported by Claire Jackson, HCA, Deputy Lead for Infection Control.
Infection transmission incidents (Significant Events)
Significant events (which may involve examples of good practice as well as challenging events) are investigated in detail to see what can be learnt and to indicate changes that might lead to future improvements. All significant events are reviewed in the monthly staff meetings and learning is cascaded to all relevant staff. Significant events are recorded on the DATIX database in line with CCG recommendation.
In the past year there have been no significant events raised that relate to infection control.
Infection Prevention Audit and Actions
The annual Infection Control audit was completed in September 2020 by the clinical team members at Alresford Surgery.