Occupational health services
Occupational Health actively promotes and maintains good health in the workplace, ensures legal compliance and supports employers and employees when health problems occur.
Friarsgate is a provider of Occupational Health services and other private medical services within the Mid Hampshire region and offers the following services:
- Sickness Absence Management
- Pre-employment assessments
- Health Surveillance
- Ill Health Retirement
- Specialist Medicals
- Audit and Policy Advice
- ENG1 Seafarer medicals
- Driving medicals
- Chester step fitness testing
- Private blood tests, ECG’s and X-ray’s arranged if required.
Friarsgate private medical services offers a professional, effective and efficient Service.
If you would like an estimate or further information about this service, please contact the practice on 01962 871747 for more information or to book an appointment.
If you would like to book private medical/ Occupational Health appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org . This email address is ONLY for private medical/ occupational health medicals/ enquiries.
If you would like to book and ENG1 Seafarer medical please email: whccg.friarsgatepractice-ENG1@nhs.net and a member of our admin team will get back to you. This email address in ONLY for ENG1 seafarer medicals/ enquiries.
What to do/ bring when attending medicals:
Medicals & Occupational Health:
- Photo ID.
- Any necessary forms/ paperwork that require completion by the GP.
- Please wear comfortable clothing that provide a relaxed fit as some examinations may require garments to be lifted or removed during the consultation.
- Remove contact lenses before you arrive. Please bring contact lenses plus any glasses worn to the appointment.
- You are advised to have a dental check- up before attending, if you have not had one in the last year.
- You must now have exposure to loud noises 16 hours prior to your appointment.
- If you are a new entrant you will need a hearing screening, of if it is over 10 years since your last screening.
- Please collect a urine specimen pot from reception upon arrival to provide a sample.
- Please use the BP/ BMI machine in the waiting area on arrival (please pass the print out reading to the GP, ask at reception if unsure how to use).
- Make sure you bring with you previous ENG1/ ML5 medical certificate if this is a renewal appointment.
- Bring ID, photo identification, passport, driving licence, company pass.
- Bring any medication, recent letters, discharge notes, sight test results etc. relating to medical treatment since last medical.
- Please bring your completed questionnaire that has been provided to you by Fit2Drive.
- Photo identification.
What to do on arrival at the surgery (APPLICABLE FOR ALL MEDICALS):
- Sign in at the reception desk (you cannot use self check-in).
- For many medicals a urine sample is required. If this is required for your medical our Care Navigation team will provide you with a sample pot, please produce a sample and take into the consultation with you.
- Take a blood pressure and BMI (body mass index) reading on the machine located in the waiting area. Please take a note of thnese readings and take in with you to see the GP. Our Care Navigation Team will be happy to help if you need assistance with this.
- Standard 1 hour Occupational health/ Private medical £200 (additional costs apply if appointment over 1 hour)
- ENG1/ ML5 Medicals £105
- DVLA Group 2/ D4 Medicals £50
- Additional private blood testing, ECG’s and X-rays will require an extra charge.
- Any additional administrative requirements may be charged at an additional fee- these will be agreed prior to actioning.
Please not medicals MUST be paid for in advance of the appointment with the practice.
All medicals cancelled with less than 48 hours notice will be charged.